Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Out of Stock
- Order number: Adafruit-1293
- Manufacturer product ID: 1293
Finally we have an I2C-interface temperature & humidity sensor in a nice enclosed style. This sensor contains a DS18B20 temperature sensor and a capacitive humidity sensor. A small microcontroller inside does the readings and provides a simple I2C interface for reading the finished & calibrated output data. Especially nice is that this sensor is in a rugged case with mounting bracket, which makes it way superior to a normal PCB-mounted sensor.
While it is not rated as 'weatherproof', this sensor would do much better for sensing where there might be wind, rain, zombies, etc. than SHT PCB-breakout sensors, and the i2c interface makes it easier to interface with microcomputers that can't do the delicate timing of the DHT sensors.
Simply connect the red wire to 5V power, black to ground, yellow wire to your i2c data pin, and the white wire to the i2c clock pin. You cannot change the i2c address so only one sensor per i2c bus. Two ~10Kohm pullup resistors are required for use, connect from the SDA and SCL lines to the power wire, the pullup resistors are not included!
- 3.5 to 5.5V power and I/O
- 10 mA max current use during conversion (while requesting data)
- Good for 0-100% humidity readings with 2% accuracy
- Good for -20 to 80°C temperature readings ±0.1°C typical accuracy
- 0.5 Hz update rate
- Body size 98mm x 16mm diameter (4" x 0.9" )
- 4 wires 20 inches long
- This board/chip uses I2C 7-bit address 05C.