Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: Adafruit-3263
- Manufacturer product ID: 3263
Thermocouples are very sensitive, requiring a good amplifier with a cold-compensation reference, as well as calculations to handle any non-linearities. For a long time Adafruit have MAX31855K breakout, which works great but is only for K-type thermocouples. Now a great new thermocouple amplifier/converter that can handle just about any type of thermocouple, and even has the ability to give you notification when the temperature goes out of range, or a fault occurs. Very fancy!
This converter communicates over 4-wire SPI and can interface with any K, J, N, R, S, T, E, or B type thermocouple.
This breakout does everything for you, and can be easily interfaced with any microcontroller, even one without an analog input. This breakout board has the chip itself, a 3.3V regulator and level shifting circuitry, all assembled and tested. Comes with a 2 pin terminal block (for connecting to the thermocouple) and pin header (to plug into any breadboard or perfboard). We even added inline resistors and a filter capacitor on-board for better stability, as recommended by Maxim. Goes great with our 1m K-type thermocouple or any other thermocouple, really!
- Works with any K, J, N, R, S, T, E, or B type thermocouple
- -210°C to +1800°C output in 0.0078125° resolution - note that many thermocouples have about ±2°C to ±6°C accuracy or worse depending on the temperature and type, so the resolution will be a lot better than the accuracy!
- Internal temperature reading
- 3.3 to 5v power supply and logic level compliant!
- SPI data requires any 4 digital I/O pins
Please note: this does not include a thermocouple!
Product Dimensions: 25.0mm x 22.0mm x 3.0mm / 1.0" x 0.9" x 0.1"