Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Out of Stock
- Order number: NCD-PR49-24E
- Manufacturer product ID: PR49-24E
IoT Long Range Wireless Vibration And Temperature Sensor
Our long range wireless enterprise series sensors are an easy to use and reliable start to any data aggregation application. This video will demonstrate how they work, what they do, and how to use them.
IoT Long Range Wireless Vibration And Temperature Sensor
Introducing NCD’s Long Range IoT Wireless Vibration Temperature Sensor, boasting up to a 28 Mile range using a wireless mesh networking architecture. Incorporating a STMicro LSM9DS1 sensor, transmits highly accurate data at user-defined intervals.
It samples 3-axis of Accelerometer for vibration for 100 msec and then calculates RMS, Maximum and Minimum Vibration in this interval. It then combines this data with temperature samples in a packet to be sent to one or multiple receivers. At power up, it reads multiple samples and takes their average as an offset value. This value is subtracted from every sample taken afterwards. Therefore, make sure to power off the device under test during sensor power up. Once the sensor stabilizes and starts sending data, the device/machinery under test can be powered on. After it sends data for the 100msec interval, it goes back to sleep for a user defined interval, thus minimizing power consumption.
Powered by just 2 AA batteries and an operational lifetime of 500,000 wireless transmissions, a 10 years battery life can be expected depending on environmental conditions and the data transmission interval. Optionally, this sensor may be externally powered.
With an open communication protocol this sensor can be integrated with just about any control system or gateway. Data can be transmitted to a PC, a Raspberry Pi, to Microsoft Azure® IoT, or Arduino. Sensor parameters and wireless transmission settings can be changed on the go using the open communication protocol providing maximum configurability depending on the intended application.
The long range, price, accuracy, battery life and security features of Wireless Vibration Sensor makes it an affordable choice which exceeds the requirements for most of the industrial as well as consumer market applications.
Receiving Data From Long Range IoT Wireless Vibration Temperature Sensor
This Long Range IoT Wireless Vibration Temperature Sensor device sends data periodically, based on user-preset timing intervals. Data transmissions include battery level, signal strength, payload, firmware version, sensor type, and device serial number. Please see the Resources section to see detailed information on the data structure of this device. This Long Range IoT Wireless Vibration Temperature Sensor is a wireless transmitter needs a receiver. There are many options available for receiving data from NCD transmitters. We highly recommend using our USB Modem (available during purchase) so you can monitor this device and use our LabVIEW software for changing device settings. Using our long-range USB wireless modem, users can expect easy operation over a virtual COM port at 115.2K baud. Optionally, we offer a Wireless receiver that operates over Ethernet. Data from NCD sensors will appear over TCP/IP on port 2101. Simply open a TCP/IP socket, port 2101, to the IP address of the Ethernet modem and see your data stream in to your local area network.
General Vibration Guidelines
Here are some recommended Vibration standards, you can compare these readings with Long Range IoT Wireless Vibration Temperature Sensor to determine if your device is operating properly or if it needs any action
A. 0.01g or Less — Excellent condition, No action required
B. 0.35g or less — Good Condition, No action required unless the machine is noisy or running at abnormal temperature
C. 0.5g or less — Fair Condition, No action required unless the machine is noisy or running at abnormal temperature
D. 0.75g or More— Rough Condition, possible action required if machine is noisy and also check the bearing temperature
E. 1g or More — Very Rough Conditions, further analysis and see if its doing this continuously. Also check for noise and temperature
F. 1.5g or More — Danger Level, there is definitely a problem in the machine or installation. Also check the temperature Log
G. 2.5g or More — Stutdown the Machine and look for possible causes. Call a technician for immediate repair
For Heavy Machinery these readings could be 1.5 times to 2 times more.
Now Supporting Microsoft Azure® IoT
We’ve been working with Microsoft engineers to post data from our sensors to Azure®. If you need help integrating this sensor into Azure®, please let us know and we will work with you to get you connected!
We take software samples seriously! Be sure to to check out the resources section of our web site to see code samples for Raspberry Pi, Visual Studio, LabVIEW, Arduino, Python, and more. We can help you post data to your Azure IoT account with some of our tutorials!
- Wireless Industrial Vibration
- Machine Health Monitoring
- Ideal Component for Predicative Maintenance
- Future Fail Detection In Machines
- Vibration and Temperature Monitoring For AWS/Azure
900HP-S3B Industrial Wireless Mesh
Long-Range Wireless Mesh networking is our favorite of all wireless communication technologies. This is the ONLY communications technology NCD recommends on the factory floor, operating at a safe 900MHz. Mesh technology will hop data from one location to another to reach its intended destination, users do not need to do anything other than make sure wireless modules stay within hopping range of each other. We use the Digi 900HP-S3B module in our products, as this is the best the industry has to offer. With a 2 mile range between modules and up to 8 hops, it is possible to cover 16 miles of wireless territory using this technology. Using high-gain antennas, this module is capable of communicating to a remote module up to 28 miles away.
- Industrial Grade 3-axis Vibration Sensor with RMS, MAX and MIN g vibration
- Vibration Range ±16g
- Noise Removal using Low pass filter
- Offset Removal at Power up
- Operating Temperature Range -40 to +85 °C
- 2 Mile Range with On-Board Antenna
- Superior LOS Range of up to 28 miles with High-Gain Antennas
- Interface to Raspberry Pi, Microsoft Azure, Arduino and More
- Example Software for Visual Studio and LabVIEW
- Wireless Mesh Networking using DigiMesh®
- 256 Sensor Nod e per Network
- Open Communication Protocol for custom interfacing applications
- Small Form Factor Wireless Sensor (3×3 inch)
- Two modes of Operation
- Configuration mode for Sensor and X-bee Settings
- Factory Default Option using combination of hardware buttons
- Power efficient Built-in Sleep mode
- User Configurable Sleep duration
- Up to 500,000 Transmissions from 2 AA Batteries
- X-bee API mode use for reliable communication
- Improved reliability incorporating Re try feature in case of packet loss
- Real time battery status
- Do you have any questions concerning this product?
- IoT Wireless Vibration Sensor Product Manual
- Alpha Station – Sensor and Control Software for Windows using Visual Studio
- Long Range IoT Wireless Sensor FAQ
- Node-RED and the Wireless Enterprise Line
- LSM9DS1 Acceleormeter Datasheet
- Wireless Communication Module Recovery Files
- Mechanical Drawing
- Further products by NCD