Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Out of Stock
- Order number: Pololu-1390
- Manufacturer product ID: 1390
The industrial-grade Torxis high-torque servos by GearWurx (formerly know as Invenscience) are available in two different gear ratios that let you select for higher power or higher speed:
- The i00600 Torxis can rotate 90° in 1.5 seconds while providing 100 lb-in (115 kg-cm) of continuous duty torque (200 lb-in peak torque).
- The i00800 Torxis can rotate 90° in 0.75 seconds while providing 50 lb-in (57 kg-cm) of continuous torque (100 lb-in peak torque).
The servo is powered by 12 volts DC and draws approximately 3 A at full load. All of its gears are metal for increased durability, and the 3/8" hardened output shaft is supported by two ball bearings. It is pre-configured for a 90 degree range of motion, but this can be increased by reconfiguring the embedded controller (see the Bonus Feature section below for more information). The Torxis is controlled by the standard radio-controlled (RC) hobby servo signal used by most RC receivers and servo controllers.
| || |
| || |
The servo includes a pre-mounted metal horn as shown in the pictures; the horn has eight 10-32 threaded mounting holes. (No mounting hardware is included.)
Torxis servo signal and power connections.
The Torxis control signal lead is terminated with a standard “JR”-style connector. Of the three wires connected to the “JR” connector, only two are connected: ground (black) and RC PWM signal (yellow). Power is connected via the Torxis’ two separate, heavier-gauge wires.
The following video shows the i0060 Torxis servo lifting a 100 lb load as part of GearWurx’s servo cycle testing:
The Torxis servo’s power makes it suitable for ultra-high-torque applications that previously required custom feedback control systems including:
- Unmanned ground vehicle controls
- Factory automation and valve actuation
- Heating ventilation and air conditioning airflow controllers
- Solar panel sun tracking
- Opening and closing gates and windows
Removing the end cap of the Torxis servo reveals a Pololu Jrk 21v3.
Bonus feature: there’s a jrk inside!
The Torxis servo is controlled by an embedded jrk 21v3, a highly-customizable USB motor controller that also offers serial, analog, and USB interfaces. Using the free jrk configuration utility, parameters including range, response curves, speed or current limits, and much more can be customized for your application. The jrk enables the Torxis servo to function as a USB-controlled servo while allowing the host computer to monitor and graph position, current, and other parameters in real time. For more information about these features, please see the jrk 21v3 user’s guide.
|Size:||5.50" x 2.40" x 4.66"|
|Speed @ 12V:||1.0 sec/60°|
|Stall torque @ 12V:||3200 oz·in2|
|Stall torque @ 6V:||1600 oz·in3|
|Reverse voltage protection?:||Y|
|Lead length:||12 in|
1. Serial and USB interfaces also available.
- 2. The continuous duty torque rating for this product is 1600 oz-in. Exceeding this rated torque for a prolonged period of time or attempting to stall this servo can damage it.
- 3. This product is intended for 12V operation.
- 4. The only included hardware is the circular horn shown in the product picture.