Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: Pololu-3130
- Manufacturer product ID: 3130
The Tic T825 USB Multi-Interface Stepper Motor Controller makes basic control of a stepper motor easy, with quick configuration over USB using our free software. The controller supports six control interfaces: USB, TTL serial, I²C, analog voltage (potentiometer), quadrature encoder, and hobby radio control (RC). This version incorporates a TI DRV8825 driver and ships with soldered header pins and terminal blocks. It can operate from 8.5 V to 45 V and can deliver up to approximately 1.5 A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow.
The Tic T825 USB Multi-Interface Stepper Motor Controller is a versatile, general-purpose controller designed to control one bipolar stepper motor. With a variety of supported interfaces–USB for direct connection to a computer, TTL serial and I²C for use with a microcontroller, RC hobby servo pulses for use in an RC system, analog voltages for use with a potentiometer or analog joystick, and quadrature encoder for use with a rotary encoder dial–and a wide array of configurable settings, the Tic T825 makes it easy to add basic control of a bipolar stepper motor to a variety of projects. A free configuration utility (for Windows, Linux, and macOS) simplifies initial setup of the device and allows for in-system testing and monitoring of the controller via USB.
A Micro-B USB cable (not included) is required to connect the Tic to a computer.
Details for item #3130
The Tic T825 is based on the DRV8825 IC from Texas Instruments. It can operate from 8.5 V to 45 V and can deliver up to approximately 1.5 A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow (absolute maximum is 2.5 A per phase). It has reverse protection for motor power supplies up to 40 V. This version is sold with connectors soldered so no soldering is necessary to use it.
Tic T825 USB Multi-Interface Stepper Motor Controller (Connectors Soldered).
A version is also available with header pins and terminal blocks included but not soldered.
Tic T825 USB Multi-Interface Stepper Motor Controller (top view).
Tic T825 USB Multi-Interface Stepper Motor Controller (bottom view).
Features and specifications
- Open-loop speed or position control of one bipolar stepper motor
- A variety of control interfaces:
- USB for direct connection to a computer
- TTL serial operating at 5 V for use with a microcontroller
- I²C for use with a microcontroller
- RC hobby servo pulses for use in an RC system
- Analog voltage for use with a potentiometer or analog joystick
- Quadrature encoder input for use with a rotary encoder dial, allowing full rotation without limits (not for position feedback)
- STEP/DIR inputs for compatibility with existing stepper motor control firmware
- Acceleration and deceleration limiting
- Maximum stepper speed: 50,000 steps per second
- Very slow speeds down to 1 step every 200 seconds (or 1 step every 1428 seconds with reduced resolution).
- Six different microstep resolutions: full step, half step, 1/4 step, 1/8 step, 1/16 step, and 1/32 step
- Digitally adjustable current limit
- Optional safety controls to avoid unexpectedly powering the motor
- Input calibration (learning) and adjustable scaling degree for analog and RC signals
- 5 V regulator (no external logic voltage supply needed)
- Optional kill switch inputs
- Connects to a computer through USB via a USB A to Micro-B cable (not included)
- Free configuration software available for Windows, Linux, and macOS
- Comprehensive user’s guide
- Do you have any questions concerning this product?
- Tic Stepper Motor Controller User’s Guide
- Dimension diagram
- MPS MP6500 stepper motor driver datasheet
- Texas Instruments DRV8834 stepper motor driver datasheet
- Texas Instruments DRV8825 stepper motor driver datasheet
- TB67S249FTG datasheet
- Further products by Pololu Electronics