Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Out of Stock
- Order number: SFE-WIG-09555
- Manufacturer product ID: WIG-09555
This board allows you to interface with your car's OBD-II bus. It provides you a serial interface using the ELM327 command set and supports all major OBD-II standards such as CAN and JBUS. The board also provides a footprint which mates directly to our FTDI Basic. The DB9 connector mates with our DB9 to OBD-II cable listed below.
On-Board Diagnostics, Second Generation (OBD-II) is a set of standards for implementing a computer based system to control emissions from vehicles. It was first introduced in the United States in 1994, and became a requirement on all 1996 and newer US vehicles. Other countries, including Canada, parts of the European Union, Japan, Australia, and Brazil adopted similar legislation. A large portion of the modern vehicle fleet supports OBD-II or one of its regional flavors.
Among other things, OBD-II requires that each compliant vehicle be equipped with a standard diagnostic connector (DLC) and describes a standard way of communicating with the vehicle’s computer, also known as the ECU (Electronic Control Unit). A wealth of information can be obtained by tapping into the OBD bus, including the status of the malfunction indicator light (MIL), diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs), inspection and maintenance (I/M) information, freeze frames, VIN, hundreds of real-time parameters, and more.
STN1110 is an OBD to UART interpreter that can be used to convert messages between any of the OBD-II protocols currently in use, and UART. It is fully compatible with the de facto industry standard ELM327 command set. Based on a 16-bit processor core, the STN1110 offers more features and better performance than any other ELM327 compatible IC.
- Fully compatible with the ELM327 AT command set
- Extended ST command set
- UART interface (baud rates from 38 bps to 10 Mbps)
- Secure bootloader for easy firmware updates
- Support for all legislated OBD II protocols:
- ISO 15765-4 (CAN)
- ISO 14230-4 (Keyword Protocol 2000)
- ISO 9141-2 (Asian, European, Chrysler vehicles)
- SAE J1850 VPW (GM vehicles)
- SAE J1850 PWM (Ford vehicles)
- Support for non-legislated OBD protocols:
- ISO 15765
- ISO 11898 (raw CAN)
- Support for SAE J1939 OBD protocol
- Superior automatic protocol detection algorithm
- Large memory buffer
- Voltage input for battery monitoring